It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Would you pre-order a kit, if it was affordable and stylish?
 YES  63%  63%  [ 12 ]
 NO  37%  37%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 19

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 8:59 pm 
TOC Mechanic
TOC Mechanic

Damn!! :shock:

Don't worry, 73...I'LL say what's on your mind...you know me! :D

I swear, if you guys all go buy a riced out body kit for your Olds' like the one in that picture I'm gonna hunt down each and every one of you and smack some Olds sense back into you...I can see a mild, tasteful body kit on a Delta or Ciera, but CMON GUYS!!! :help:

If you want a Honda....GO BUY A DAMNED HONDA!!!!!! :lol:

ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!! Just the THOUGHT of a body kit like THAT on an OLDS makes me wanna
:blowup: :2guns: ](*,) :yucky: :yucky:

Brando, you REALLY need to add the "blowin chunks" smiley!!! :yes:

69 Olds Cutlass S
70 Olds Vista Cruiser Wagon
72 Olds Cutlass S, 12:1 470 stroker, JM40 solid lifter cam, TH400, 3500 10" PTC stall, 4.11 posi
74 442 455/TH350
79 Cutlass 455/TH375 sleeper
'97 GMC Sierra Ext Cab 9" lift w/ 37's
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:15 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Yo, I dont want my olds to look 'ricey', but i do want to keep the car since its my 1st car, and has a sick system, and ppl like chillin in it and boxing it. (u know 'seshin')

Anyway, Ya like i just dont like the car so plain, and high off the ground, I wont stop at a kit and think it looks good, and i dont want to stand out soo much, I just want some newer bumpers and something added to the sides for a new look. Somethin tasteful, classy and still keeping the car in a similar style.

I think i want to keep the car, and put some $$ into it instead of getting a new car for now , I think with the kit, tint, new paint, rims, my Eibach springs (once installed), headlight conversion, tail light conversion (whole ass end), door handle swap, shaved back doors, new grill, new exhaust and some other stuff here and there could look pretty good. And its not like I have a 2.5 Litre Quad in her either. ( I want to see if a GM 3.8L series II supercharged engine could fit in also ) I want to take my dad's engine out of his Grand Prix GTP supercharged, and give him mine, see if he wouldnt notice. HAHAH ... but that engine would make this car FLY!

then adding some Airbags (no, not the glovebox kind), and new interior (dash, and everythign)

I dont know guys, I think the guys at Knights Performance might be able to use some help designing the kit so if anyone car draw or photoshop good, giver' a whirl

Im gonna get my bro to do some sketchin for me, hes pretty artistic and I know he can design something cool.

Anyway if things dont work out with this car, I will be moving on.. cuz I am gettin tired of it the way it is now...

If anyone wants to contact other manufactures for a cheaper kit, or something better, DO IT UP, ill pre-order a kit....

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:19 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Haha...stroker....saves the day... :lol:

Oh yea...and the Intrigue body kit...Knightsperformance is selling it for $750.99 USD, oh and then shipping is only $300! :shock:
That's $1050.99 :roll:
Uhh...so I am guessing the same applies for the Ciera body kit...so only $1036.11 USD for the Ciera kit...

Let's see....you could either buy some huge a$$ bling bling rims for that money, soup the engine up :lol: (soup it up :) ), you could buy and install a nice stereo system ( 8) ), you get get a sweet a$$ custom paint job/body work, you could get your interior redone.....leather wrap the seats.....yea....lots things you could do with that money.

In my opinion, what would look nice is a nice spoiler (not ricey), maybe some mild ground effects like the Ciera GT had, and maybe even some functional hood scoops...get some nice cold air running through the engine....

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 8:34 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

yeah, for the price, it might be cheaper to take a course in fibreglassing and then form your own, the way YOU want it :-)

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 6:41 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

i'm pretty happy w/ my 89 International series kit. If I think about the way that the knight's kit would be on a ciera I imagine it would be like a 93/94 Cutlass Eurosport from mexico or a lumina Z34 w/ the duals out the back of course. A kit like that would be great it would keep in theme w/ the car and look good. truthfully if they made a replica 94 Cutlass Eurosport kit I would guarantee a purchase they are awesome!! By the way erebuni makes a spoiler for the ciera it's $200 shipped and looks exactly like the eurosport's spoiler! Bad thing is they have 1 left and I'm buying it, they should make more. Go here to see it
erebuni Ciera spioler

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:40 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

strokercutlass wrote:
Don't worry, 73...I'LL say what's on your mind...you know me! :D

I swear, if you guys all go buy a riced out body kit for your Olds' like the one in that picture I'm gonna hunt down each and every one of you and smack some Olds sense back into you...

:lol: .... you must be a mind reader because that's EXACTLY what I was thinking!

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:44 pm 
TOC Mechanic
TOC Mechanic

Quote:
Anyway, Ya like i just dont like the car so plain, and high off the ground, I wont stop at a kit and think it looks good, and i dont want to stand out soo much, I just want some newer bumpers and something added to the sides for a new look. Somethin tasteful, classy and still keeping the car in a similar style.

I think i want to keep the car, and put some $$ into it instead of getting a new car for now , I think with the kit, tint, new paint, rims, my Eibach springs (once installed), headlight conversion, tail light conversion (whole ass end), door handle swap, shaved back doors, new grill, new exhaust and some other stuff here and there could look pretty good. And its not like I have a 2.5 Litre Quad in her either. ( I want to see if a GM 3.8L series II supercharged engine could fit in also ) I want to take my dad's engine out of his Grand Prix GTP supercharged, and give him mine, see if he wouldnt notice. HAHAH ... but that engine would make this car FLY!

then adding some Airbags (no, not the glovebox kind), and new interior (dash, and everythign)

Ok...lemme get this straight....first you say you want this...

"I just want some newer bumpers and something added to the sides for a new look. Somethin tasteful, classy and still keeping the car in a similar style."

THEN you want to change the following:
headlight conversion, tail light conversion (whole ass end), door handle swap, shaved back doors, new grill, new exhaust and some other stuff here and there could look pretty good. Airbags (no, not the glovebox kind), and new interior (dash, and everythign)

Ok...WTF??? What the heck happened to "Somethin tasteful, classy and still keeping the car in a similar style."?

Where'd the Olds go? :shock:

"Yo, I dont want my olds to look 'ricey'"

Dude,......... ahhh hell, you aren't gonna listen anyways.... #-o

BTW, Brando....I see my attempts to turn you into a cynical bastard such as myself are going VERY well!!! :wink:

=D> WAY TO GO BRO!!!!! :thumbup:

69 Olds Cutlass S
70 Olds Vista Cruiser Wagon
72 Olds Cutlass S, 12:1 470 stroker, JM40 solid lifter cam, TH400, 3500 10" PTC stall, 4.11 posi
74 442 455/TH350
79 Cutlass 455/TH375 sleeper
'97 GMC Sierra Ext Cab 9" lift w/ 37's
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:48 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Hood scoop?

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:50 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

out of curiosity, could you get a pic of the eurosport from mexico? I can't seem to find one...

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:00 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I managed to find one...

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:06 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Anybody up for raiding a few Mexican junkyards?

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:19 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

But..

This is not a PS, and does not have a body kit... not bad at all!

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 8:13 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

those last two are sweet! I like the silver one, he did a very good job on it.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:27 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

that silver color is something i was along the lines of looking into...mmmm...
i would love to get those body kits there but where the heck am i gonna find one?

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:51 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

theburningcandle wrote:
that silver color is something i was along the lines of looking into...mmmm...
i would love to get those body kits there but where the heck am i gonna find one?

Take a trip to Mexico? :lol:

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3