It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:12 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Hello to all. I have a 1969 Delta 88 convertable for sale.
It is a project car.

Please do not let this scare you off.

This car is straight, with minor paint bubbles in the common areas. There are no major dents in the body and all trim and all chrome is there. The exterior of this car needs only minor work to look great.

The real part of the project is in the interior. This car sat for about 4 years with a leaky top before I got to it. When I did, there was about 6 inches of water on the floor. This is actually good because that means there are no rust holes in the floor pans. I removed the carpet and punched out the drain holes to dewater. After it dried out I looked over the floor boards and they all looked great.

The real problem is the dash. Because of all the dampness over the years, all the switches, knobs and dials on the dash do not work or are very stiff. I purchesed a complete dash out of a '70 Delta 88 and stripped it. I have all the good parts from that dash but haven't installed them.

It has a power top but the rams and pump are probably shot. I disconnected the rams and can put the top down manually. The top actually looks really good. I think it leaks around the seals and at the bottom of the back window which is glass.

The car is loaded by 60's standards, it has: power windows, brakes, steering, and top, cruise control, A/C, tilt & telescoping steering wheel, and (I'm not 100% on this) power seats.

The car runs and drives. The 455 Rocket under the hood needs some tuning but otherwise runs very well. The rear break drums are freshly turned junkyard take offs with plenty of life left in them and the shoes are brand new as are the master cylinder and power booster. I have pads for the front disc brakes. Haven't taken the front wheels off so I don't know the condition of the rotors.

NADA lists this car's value at over $6000 in low retail condition. I'm asking $2000 or best offer.

I can email you any and all pictures of this car that you would like. Just email me at fodie13@aim.com and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Also, if you are local and want to look at the car or have any questions not answered here just email me and we can arrange a time.

If you have gotten this far I thank you for your time and hope to hear from you about this car. I really like it and would love to restore it myself but it is the lowest priority out of the 6 cars I own. Hopefully it will find a good home and will not be threatened with a trip to the junkyard again.

Lastly, I do not wish to part it out. Too much time and energy is required. Thanks again for looking.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]