TOC Member

ok heres my system
Alpine 50 watt x 4 Head Unit
2x 1" tweeters
2x Pioneer 4x6's in the doors
2x Pioneer 6x9's in the back
1 Earthquake Sub
800 watt amp

A very similar system to this worked perfect in my old car. In my new one how ever, the subwoofer doesnt work, 6x9's and the tweeters are perfect, but the 4x6's sound fuzzy? Why is this, they are not even hooked up to the amp and they sounded fine before i put the amp in. And also, why would the sub not play any sounds? Could i have it hooked up wrong? I double and triple checked all my wiring to make sure i had no mistakes and it looks good. All positive to positive and negative to negative. Im clueless.

- Holley 750 Double pumper
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:50 pm 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

with fuzzy sound from the front speakers, and no sound output (assuming your amp turns on and off properly now), I would suspect something to be wrong with your head unit. Check all the settings for fade / balance and check if your unit has an option to turn on/off subwoofer/rca output.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:16 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Check the crossover settings for the subwoofer amplifier, you might have it set on high pass...if it is a class a/b amp that is.

Do you have a multimeter? Check the AC voltage output of the amplifier, see if it is putting any power out.

How are these tweeters installed?? They aren't wired in parallel with the 4x6s to the head unit, are they? That would present a 2 ohm load (if the tweeters are 4 ohm, and the 4x6s I assume are 4 ohm), head units cannot handle that, disconnect the tweeters immediately--might be too late already, if that's how it is configured.

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:13 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

No. Im positive they are not wired in parallel. For some reason, as soon as i turned my stereo on for the first time w/ my 6x9's, sub, and amp, they were fuzzy. Im just really confused on this one.

The output of the amp is good, the 6x9's and the sub are both getting power. All my settings remained unchanged from my last use. I would assume that they wouldn't need to be changed because the amp is powering the same gear, literally the gear from my old car.

- Holley 750 Double pumper
 Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]