It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:50 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I'm feeling a little nostalgic and just wanted to say hello to any of the old school members who were here 15+ years ago when I practically lived on these boards. It is such a trip looking through old posts and pictures from time to time and thinking about how much has changed.

Who would have thought back then that the 80's FWD Oldsmobiles that many of us here owned (and still own) would be collected and that we'd be seeing people restore them? Back then you could buy them for nothing and find the parts in any junkyard or eBay auction. Now I see people going crazy over NOS parts and finding low mile original cars hidden away.

Those were the days before Facebook and Radwood, when this was the only place I could find people into these cars.

I still have the 85 Ciera Holiday Coupe, now with the vanity plate TRU COAT for my fellow Fargo fans. Not much has changed with it in all these years. I took it to the Boston Radwood last fall and that was fun.

My 88 Touring Sedan and 88 Delta 88 Royale both ended up going to the big parking lot in the sky in 2013 and 2008 respectively. I sold my 01 Aurora to a guy in Rhode Island back in 2011 and saw it on Craigslist a few months later...good luck with that disaster of a car! My 88 Trofeo was sold to a guy in NY (2013) who sold it to his buddy, who still drives it.

I recently bought an 88 Ciera International Series sedan with factory power sunroof. It is a total project, but fun.

Hope you are all doing well! If you're on Facebook and see "Frank Catalina" posting about FWD Oldsmobiles or 60's Pontiacs, that is me, so say hello. If you still check this forum from time to time, post an update below. It would be great to hear how folks are doing!

Be well,

-Frank

1985 Olds Cutlass Ciera Brougham Holiday Coupe

1988 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Series Sedan

OCA #037778
 Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]