It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:20 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I have an 88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera and the headlights, horn, radio, door chimes, and interior lights are not working. I have checked the fuses in the glove compartment and they are good. I have changed various relays and fuses under the hood and nothing. However, I have searched for information about other fuse/relay locations and I keep seeing the "inner fender well" on the passenger side under the hood. Maybe I am over thinking this, but I don't see a way to get to there. There is a metal "shell" in the way. Assuming it is where the catalytic converter is because it has a label saying Catalyst and has emissions info. With my limited automotive skills I don't want to take anything apart if I don't need to. Any information on a exact location and what I need to do will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:40 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I had this issue with my 85 Ciera. It was a bent prong on the lighter, caused by plugging in a phone charger. I disconnected the lighter and replaced the corresponding fuse (in the glove box). That was 14 years ago and it still works fine. You will find that all of these items are on a single fuse.

1985 Olds Cutlass Ciera Brougham Holiday Coupe

1988 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Series Sedan

OCA #037778
 Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]