It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:58 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Hello Forum... it appears it is very quiet in here, but maybe alive still.

I purchased a 95 Olds 88 in the spring. The car had 27k original miles on it at the time, and now just over 31k. It's been quite reliable and a nice "daily driver" on the 2-3 days a week to my office about 35 miles away on the highway, and around town, etc.

I'm interested in the possibilities of upgrading the suspension... true to the line and the era, it is quite a soft ride, and could use a bit of tightening up with stiffer springs I think. If anyone either a) has experience with modifying suspension on these cars or b) is highly familiar with these cars and the cross-usage/fitment of parts from Buick/Chevy, etc., please advise.

The next subject would be the option of improving the performance. The engine has a reasonable amount of power, but the transmission is far behind and requires full pedal to get a downshift. Is there anything to be done about this such as a reflash/tune?

I got the car for a song, considering it is truly like new- a bit of a time capsule... I would like to drive it for some time, but it'd be nice to make a few minor improvements, if not too much trouble.

ok... go!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]